On January 23, 2019, the American Freedom Law Center celebrated its seven-year anniversary!
It’s hard to believe that it has been seven years since David Yerushalmi and Robert Muise launched AFLC, which has become (in the words of National Review columnist Andrew C. McCarthy) “the leading public interest law firm fighting . . . in America.”
In Biblical terms, the seventh year marks a Sabbatical—time to rest and recoup; to take stock; to reflect; and to recognize the omnipotent hand of God in all things.
At AFLC, while we certainly have taken time to reflect and to recognize God’s hand in all we do, our seventh year has seen very little rest and indeed has been a year of court battles and victories day-in and day-out.
With America’s enemies not just at the door, but already on the inside doing harm, we at AFLC have not ceased in our efforts to engage those enemies in the courts at every turn.
There is no other public interest law firm that has been as effective against the enemies of freedom, particularly those enemies who engage in what the Muslim Brotherhood itself describes as “civilization jihad.”
Indeed, you don’t have to take our word for it. The largest Muslim Brotherhood organization operating here in America (the Council on American-Islamic Relations or CAIR) lists AFLC as one of its top ten enemies (and the only public interest law firm with that distinction).
And the radical, hard-core leftist Southern Poverty Law Center recently listed AFLC’s co-founders on their top “anti-Muslim” list.
At AFLC, we understand that this is an existential battle for our constitutional republic and not just a sterile academic exercise over what judges and law professors believe the law should be.
Here are some of AFLC’s significant achievements:
- AFLC is fighting CAIR at every turn, and winning. We have won important battles here, here, here, here, and here, with many more to come.
- AFLC represented Priests for Life before the U.S. Supreme Court in one of the most important religious liberty battles of our time. The Supreme Court reversed the adverse decision we were challenging.
- AFLC won and established precedent in one of the most crucial First Amendment cases litigated in the past decade, and it was an en banc (full court) decision by a U.S. court of appeals—a rarity.
- AFLC has won numerous battles against government transit agencies, resulting in a sea change in the way in which these agencies across the country are now operating. Read about victories here, here, here, and here.
- AFLC has represented clients and litigated cases in state and federal courts in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Washington, D.C.
- AFLC has argued cases in the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Sixth, Ninth, Tenth, D.C., and Federal Circuits.
- And our social media following is exploding, with over 12K “likes” on Facebook and over 3K following us on Twitter! Spread the word!
And make no mistake, we are only getting stronger, thanks in large part to your prayers and support!
All of us at AFLC pledge to all of you that we will continue to battle the enemies of life and liberty at every legal turn and in every courthouse corner.
We join you in praying for this great nation’s continued success and prosperity and assure you that we will not rest or give leave to those who seek to undermine our liberties or to lesson our resolve.
May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America!