With Left-wing tyrants now in charge of the levers of power in government, the media, and big tech, we expect to be quite busy during this new year. As you know, we fight for faith and freedom, and the Left hates both.
Here are the highlights for January 2021.
* On January 5, AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel David Yerushalmi appeared before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan for a pre-motion conference in which Defendants Governor Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio sought permission to file a motion to dismiss our client’s federal civil rights lawsuit challenging the anti-free speech COVID-19 executive orders. In turn, on behalf of our client, Pamela Geller, AFLC sought to file a motion for summary judgment. After hearing arguments from both sides, the court set out the parties’ respective briefing schedules.
* On January 5, we filed a motion for an injunction pending appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in our lawsuit against Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf and his transgendered Secretary of the Department of Health “Rachel” Levine (yes, that Levine, the one who reportedly moved “her” mother from her care facility just as “she” was ordering the elderly with COVID-19 back into nursing homes and thereby causing catastrophic deaths. And of course, Levine is Biden’s pick for assistant health secretary because “she” is transgendered. . . makes complete sense if you are a Leftist, who only care about identity politics).
The Lawsuit challenges Pennsylvania’s Orwellian contact tracing program and mask mandate.
On January 19, the appellate court denied our motion. However, the appeal proceeds.
Our constitutional challenges to these tyrannical government mandates (we have lawsuits in New York and Michigan as well) imposed during this pandemic are exceedingly important. We need to make these tyrants understand that we are not going to just roll over . . .
More often than not, we run into liberal judges who either care little about the Constitution or are themselves acting out of the fear instilled by the elitist tyrants in government. We understand that. But we need to keep fighting nonetheless.
Justice Gorsuch had this poignant observation:
“Why have some mistaken this Court’s modest decision in Jacobson [a narrow, 1905 decision upholding an order requiring a small pox vaccine] for a towering authority that overshadows the Constitution during a pandemic? In the end, I can only surmise that much of the answer lies in a particular judicial impulse to stay out of the way in times of crisis. But if that impulse may be understandable or even admirable in other circumstances, we may not shelter in place when the Constitution is under attack. Things never go well when we do.”
* On January 14, we filed our formal notice of service of the federal civil rights lawsuit we filed on behalf of Margaret (“Peggy”) Wittman, an election worker who was relieved of her duties by City of Hart, Michigan officials after she refused to hide her shirt bearing the message, “My heart will TRUST in you JESUS” while working at the polls during the November 3, 2020, general election.
The lawsuit alleges that City officials violated Wittman’s rights protected by the First (freedom of speech and free exercise of religion) and Fourteenth (equal protection) Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.
The defendants have until February 26, 2021, to officially respond.
* On January 21, we filed a full-throated motion for summary judgment in our lawsuit against Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel and the Michigan Department of Civil rights in our lawsuit challenging their official endorsement of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) so-called “hate group” list—a list which includes the American Freedom Law Center.
SPLC is a George Soros-funded, Left-wing organization. Ironically, SPLC is the propaganda arm of Leftists, much like the Ministry of Propaganda (headed by Joseph Goebbels) was for the Nazi party . . .
Nessel, who has weaponized her position as the Michigan AG (like all Left-wing politicians are fond of doing), has publicly vowed to “combat,” “fight,” and “tackle,” these so-called “hate groups” operating in Michigan, and she vowed to do so with her “Hate Crimes Unit.”
As we learned through discovery, despite the public fanfare surrounding the creation of this government “Hate Crimes Unit” nearly two years ago, there have been zero prosecutions by it. Why? Because the assertion that “hate crimes” and “hate groups” have proliferated in Michigan and elsewhere is a fabrication of the Left which they use to promote their God-less agenda.
Our brief is worth reading.
* On January 22, we filed a motion for entry of judgment following our free speech victory in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
The motion asks the district court to enter a final judgment that declares the challenged speech restrictions unlawful, enjoins the restrictions, and awards nominal damages and $207,500 in attorneys’ fees and costs.
* On January 25, we had yet another status conference with the court in our defense of the Red Rose Rescuers who are charged with a bogus felony offense for peacefully entering an abortion mill in Flint, Michigan in June 2019. Due to the backlog of cases caused by COVID-19, we still don’t have a trial date. Stay tuned.
* As always, we have several other important matters in the works! Our fight for faith and freedom is particularly crucial during this current “pandemic” and the 2021 political crisis that is developing . . .
Thank you for your prayers and financial support. We couldn’t do what we do without them!