Here are highlights for October:
* On October 4, we filed an emergency motion for an injunction pending appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in our ongoing battle for religious freedom on behalf of Catholic Healthcare International, Inc. (“CHI”).
In this case, Genoa Township, Michigan, with the assistance of a local court judge and after unlawfully denying CHI’s request to build a modest (95 seat) chapel on its 40-acre property, ordered the removal of all religious symbols from the property and prohibited CHI from using its property for religious worship.
In this filing, we are requesting an order from the Sixth Circuit to return the religious symbols and to permit religious worship on CHI’s private property.
* On October 18, we filed our reply in the Sixth Circuit in support of our emergency motion.
* On October 19, we filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland, alleging that Garland’s recently announced policy to effectively criminalize public criticism of local school boards by parents violates the First and Fifth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.
The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on behalf of a group of parents from Saline, Michigan, and Loudoun County, Virginia.
As most of you know, Attorney General Garland announced with some fanfare that he was calling upon the FBI and federal prosecutors to use the overwhelming power of the federal government’s criminal justice system to target parents who dare to publicly criticize the local school boards that are indoctrinating their children with progressive claptrap such as “Critical Race Theory,” transgender policies, and pornographic sex-ed programs.
* October 25, we filed an amended complaint detailing the conspiracy between the Biden administration and Twitter to censor speech critical of the administration’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, all in violation of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
The class action lawsuit is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, and it was filed on behalf of the named plaintiff, Dr. Colleen Huber, a well-respected and licensed naturopathic medical doctor in Arizona.
After posting a “tweet” on her Twitter account from a well-known Israeli newspaper reporting on findings of mortality rates relating to the COVID-19 vaccinations used in Israel, Twitter permanently suspended Dr. Huber for purportedly violating Twitter’s COVID-19 Policy.
As the complaint alleges, Twitter is in reality enforcing the Biden administration’s policy to silence anyone critical of government policy relating to COVID-19 vaccinations.
In addition to addressing Twitter’s and the Biden administration’s violations of Dr. Huber’s constitutional liberties, this class action lawsuit seeks to protect the rights of everyone else similarly subject to censorship by Twitter and to protect those individuals in the future from this censorship.
* During the month of October, we produced two new episodes of our Videocast / Podcast series titled, “Faith and Freedom Fighters.” Please listen, subscribe, and pass the word!
* Throughout this month, we helped numerous individuals successfully obtain religious exemptions from the recent federal contractor vaccine mandate imposed by the Biden administration.
* We are working on litigation challenging these unconstitutional mandates.
Thank you for your prayers and financial support. We couldn’t do what we do without them!