We are pleased to report to you our highlights for the month of November:
- On November 2, we filed a petition for writ of certiorari in AFDI v King County, asking the U.S. Supreme Court to review a Ninth Circuit decision which upheld the censorship of our clients’ anti-terrorism ad. The ad highlighted terrorism committed in the name of Islam. King County claimed that our clients’ ad was false and misleading.
- On November 6, the U.S. Supreme Court granted our petition for writ of certiorari in Priests for Life v. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, agreeing to review our challenge to the HHS “contraceptive services” mandate brought on behalf of Priests for Life and several of its executives, including Father Frank Pavone, the national director.
- On November 11, we filed a petition for writ of certiorari in Cutler v. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. In this case, Cutler is challenging the constitutionality of “Obamacare,” both on its face and as applied. Cutler asserts that the provision requiring individuals to purchase government-mandated health insurance coverage or face monetary penalties violates the religion clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and that the recent “administrative fix” by the Obama administration that permits some citizens to keep their healthcare plan “if they like it,” but not others, including Cutler, violates the equal protection guarantee of the Fifth Amendment.
- On November 24, a Florida federal judge granted our motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by CAIR Florida against our client, Florida Gun Supply. In the lawsuit, CAIR alleged that Florida Gun Supply’s refusal to equip Islamic terrorists is religious discrimination in violation of Title II of the Civil Rights Act. CAIR Florida filed the lawsuit against Florida Gun Supply because its owner declared in a YouTube video that his retail gun store is a “Muslim Free Zone” following the Chattanooga, Tennessee terrorist attack in which five service members were gunned down. The owner of the gun store refuses to equip the next Paris/California-type terrorist with dangerous firearms.
- We continue to use mainstream and social media in our fight for faith and freedom . . . and ask that you assist us with this important endeavor by “liking” us on Facebook and following us on Twitter (and asking your friends to do the same)!
Thank you for your prayers and your financial support. We couldn’t do what we do without them! God bless you, and may God continue to bless America!