- On September 14, we filed our opening brief in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in our lawsuit challenging President Obama’s unlawful executive orders regarding the implementation and enforcement of Obamacare.
- On September 18, we filed a supplemental brief in the U.S. Supreme Court in support of our petition challenging the HHS Mandate on behalf of Priests for Life. The supplemental brief alerts the Court that there is now a circuit split on the issue (the 8th Circuit came out the correct way), which almost ensures that the Court will take up one of the cases pending, and we pray that it is our case since there is perhaps no better challenger to the HHS Mandate than Priests for Life.
- On September 28, we received payment of the sanctions ($9,000 in legal fees) imposed by a Michigan federal judge after we successfully “quashed” harassing and burdensome subpoenas issued by CAIR to a private citizen who received the subpoenas because she publicly expressed her opposition to the construction of an Islamic center in her neighborhood.
- On September 30, we filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit filed by CAIR Florida against our client, Florida Gun Supply. In this lawsuit, CAIR claims that our client’s refusal to arm and equip Islamic terrorists is religious discrimination in violation of Title II of the Civil Rights Act. The case is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- This month, SCOTUS Blog listed our petition to the U.S. Supreme Court in the AFDI v. MBTA case on their “Petitions We’re Watching” list. Anyone who follows the Supreme Court closely knows that this is great news.
We continue to provide legal advice to many people of faith who are being threatened for exercising their fundamental rights to free speech and religious freedom, and we are developing many new and interesting lawsuits which we hope to reveal over the coming months.
And as usual, we continue to use mainstream and social media as a “force multiplier” in our efforts . . . and we ask that you assist us with this important endeavor by “liking” us on Facebook and following us on Twitter (and asking your friends to do the same)!
Thank you for your prayers and your financial support. We couldn’t do what we do without them! God bless you, and may God continue to bless America!