- On July 1, AFLC filed a federal lawsuit against the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) for violating our clients’ free speech rights by changing its advertising policy so as to prevent the display of advertisements depicting the winning entry of the “Draw Mohammad Contest.”
- On July 2, AFLC was certified as a “Best in America” charitable organization.
- On July 20, a New York federal court entered judgment against the New York Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) for violating our clients’ right to free speech.
- On July 21, AFLC posted a blog demonstrating how Christians can fight this current attack on traditional marriage and religious freedom by exercising their right to free speech!
- On July 22, AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel Robert J. Muise joined the Catholic Speakers Association.
- On July 23, AFLC was retained by the Florida Gun Supply and its owner to represent them in a lawsuit brought against the gun shop by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) because the owner refuses to train and equip Islamic terrorists and those who are associated with Islamic terrorists, such as CAIR. CAIR is claiming that this is religious discrimination in violation of federal law.
- Also on July 23, AFLC filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging a California shopping mall’s refusal to allow AFLC’s clients to engage in speech designed to boycott targeted stores that donate to Planned Parenthood. This speech activity is protected by the California Constitution.
- On July 28, AFLC filed a petition for a writ of certiorari in the U.S. Supreme Court, asking the high court to review a case in which the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) refused to run anti-jihad ads, claiming that the ads demeaned all Muslims. AFLC is asking the Court to resolve a split among the federal appeals courts regarding the application of the First Amendment in the context of advertising on government transit authority property.
Thank you for your prayers and your financial support — all of which make our work possible! God bless you, and may God continue to bless America!