We are pleased to report that the American Freedom Law Center (AFLC) and its lawyers, Co-Founders Robert Muise and David Yerushalmi, have had a very busy and productive second month―praise God. As you know, AFLC officially launched on January 23, 2012, and we previously reported to you in our first month in review our significant and immediate accomplishments.
Here is a summary of AFLC’s accomplishments during its second month of operations:
- Authored and filed its opening brief in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in Dariano v. Morgan Hill Unified School District. AFLC is co-counsel representing three high school students and their parents in this constitutional challenge to the school district’s ban on American flag shirts. Read more about that case here.
- Authored and filed its reply brief in the U.S. Supreme Court in Johnson v. Poway Unified School District. Muise has been representing Poway school teacher Brad Johnson since 2007 in this constitutional challenge to the school district’s ban on Johnson’s patriotic banners. Read more about that case here.
- Authored and filed a “friend of the court” brief in the U.S. Supreme Court in defense of the memorial cross that is part of the Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial. Muise has been actively involved in defending the memorial cross for many years. Read more about that case here.
- Muise authored an article for the prestigious National Law Journal discussing the constitutionality of the “individual mandate” provision of Obamacare. You can read the article here.
- Authored and filed a reply brief in support of AFLC’s request for a preliminary injunction that would halt the New York MTA’s restriction on an anti-jihad bus advertisement in AFDI v. MTA. Read more about that case here.
- Authored and filed a brief in opposition to CAIR’s request to amend its civil lawsuit to add additional parties and claims in CAIR v Gaubatz. Read more about that case here and about CAIR’s attack on Yerushalmi here.
- As part of AFLC’s effort to keep its followers informed and to educate the public in general of those important issues affecting our faith and freedom, AFLC posted 15 new blog entries, including five video updates that are part of AFLC’s “Faith and Freedom Report.”
- As part of the national “Stand Up for Religious Freedom” rallies that occurred across the country on March 23, Muise gave an impassioned speech at the religious freedom rally in Howell, Michigan. You can see a video of that speech here.
- Muise gave numerous media interviews in which he provided legal analysis regarding the constitutional challenge to Obamacare that is currently pending in the U.S. Supreme Court. You can read about the brief filed by Muise and Yerushalmi in this case here.
- Yerushalmi gave several media interviews in which he, as a subject-matter expert, discussed sharia (Islamic law) and its intersection with our Constitution.
- In addition to all of this, AFLC lawyers have been working hard on discovery, deposition preparation, briefs, and other litigation matters in many other cases. As these matters unfold, we will keep you informed and up-to-date as usual.
As always, we invite you to check out our website and our blog to see all of the important work we are doing . . . work we could not do without the generous support of patriotic Americans like you. We also invite you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
May God bless you, and may God bless America.