We are pleased to report to you that the American Freedom Law Center and its lawyers have had a busy and exceedingly productive first month. On January 23, 2012, AFLC officially launched as a new, nonprofit, Judeo-Christian law firm. Since that date, AFLC lawyers have accomplished the following:
- Filed a federal lawsuit in New York on behalf of Priests for Life, challenging the constitutionality of Obama’s “contraception” mandate (read more here);
- Filed a request for a preliminary injunction in a New York federal court, requesting an order to allow our clients, the American Freedom Defense Initiative, Pamela Geller, and Robert Spencer, to run an anti-jihad advertisement on the New York MTA buses (read more here);
- Filed a brief in the U.S. Supreme Court, requesting that the high court strike down Obamacare as unconstitutional (read more here);
- Received a favorable ruling from a federal judge in Detroit, Michigan, who denied the City of Dearborn’s request to dismiss constitutional claims brought by Christian missionaries who are represented by AFLC and who were arrested by City police officers during the 2010 Dearborn Arab Festival (read more here);
- Amended our lawsuit against the City of Dearborn to add 7 new police officer defendants who were involved in the unlawful arrests of the Christian missionaries (read more here);
- Filed a brief in the U.S. Supreme Court, requesting that the high court uphold Arizona’s immigration laws against the challenge brought by Obama’s Department of Justice (read more here);
- Gave a presentation on “Civilization Jihad and the First Amendment” at CPAC 2012 in Washington, D.C. (read more here);
- Appeared on CBN’s Stakelbeck on Terror, discussing the founding of AFLC and the important cases it is handling to confront the threat of sharia (read more here);
- Appeared on the Glenn Beck Program to discuss religious freedom;
- Launched AFLC’s first “Faith and Freedom Report” (watch video here);
- And much more (read more here).
We will continue to work and fight hard every day for your faith and freedom. In addition, please know that we could not accomplish our mission without the prayers and financial support of loyal, patriotic Americans like you.