* On October 5, AFLC Co-Founders and Senior Counsel David Yerushalmi and Robert Muise were in federal district court in Washington, D.C. The district court held a status conference following our victory in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in which the appellate court reversed the district court and reinstated our lawsuit against the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), in which we sued CAIR for fraud.
* During the week of October 10, Muise was in Tulsa, Oklahoma taking and defending depositions in the case in which we are representing the owners of an Oklahoma gun range who were sued by CAIR and the ACLU because the owners do not want their range to be used to train the next jihadists. CAIR and the ACLU claim that this is religious discrimination.
* On October 11, we filed our opposition to the government’s motion to dismiss our lawsuit filed against the Attorney General of the United States, Loretta Lynch, in which we are challenging Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (CDA) under the First Amendment. Section 230 provides immunity from lawsuits to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, thereby permitting these social media giants to engage in government-sanctioned censorship of free speech.
* On October 21, we served our discovery responses upon King County (Washington) in our lawsuit challenging the County’s refusal to display our clients’ anti-terrorism ads. The ads’ sponsors are the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) and its co-founders, Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer.
* On October 25, Muise presented oral argument before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, which is located in New York City, on behalf of Joelle Silver, a public school teacher and devout Christian who was forced by Cheektowaga (Buffalo) Central School District officials to censor her personal speech and remove all religious content from her classroom under threat of being fired.
* On October 27, we proudly announced that Yerushalmi and Muise were listed in the Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) Field Guide to Anti-Muslim Extremists. SPLC is an anti-American, left-wing, secular progressive organization. Yerushalmi and Muise were 2 of the 15 “extremists” named by SPLC.
* On October 31, we filed our reply in support of our cross motion for summary judgment in our lawsuit against the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) for refusing to run a “Support Free Speech” advertisement that depicted the winning entry of the “Draw Mohammad Contest” previously held in Garland, Texas. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of the advertisement’s sponsors, AFDI, Pamela Geller, and Robert Spencer.
Thank you for your prayers and your financial support. We couldn’t do what we do without them!
God bless you, and may God continue to bless America!